The holiday mood is often hard to snap out of. We often end up coming back demoralised by the fact that our next leave is far away, instead of rejuvenated to take action.
But this time is great for clearing your mind, setting some goals and making some resolutions for new beginnings.
And the only way to inspire yourself to make the right resolutions, are ebooks.
Here are 10 FREE marketing ebooks that you must add to your ‘to-read’ list to rock 2016:
1. Conversations, Not Campaigns by Marketo
Email still continues to be the best channel for connecting with your customers directly and pitching your value propositions without obstructions. But with plummeting open rates, email campaigns too can fail if you’re not executing them right.
In this ebook, Marketo explains the finer print of customer engagement, why it is important and what are the most effective ways to drive sales in conversations. Here’s what the book has in store for you:
- What are engaging conversations
- How to use social listening in your email marketing
- How to use behavioral filters to target your audience better
- How to target messages based on behaviors
- Why traditional marketing tools don’t work
- Ways to start conversations instead of campaigns
Social media is a tough nut to crack. While a tactic might work wonders for you on one platform, it might fail on the other.
The Buffer team has compiled a list of strategies in this ebook, that businesses can implement right away for social platforms like Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.
Here’s what the book has in store for you:
- Creating evergreen content
- Tactics to keep evergreen content alive on social platforms
- Tips for framing marketing messages on different social platforms
- A/B tests for promoting social profiles on the website
3. Social Media Data Cookbook by Hootsuite
Marketers today know how important collecting data is today. Even though user data is available in abundance across the web, finding insightful information from the data volume is a task in itself.
Hootsuite, in this ebook, has put together smart techniques to collect marketing data without having to hire an in-house data scientists team.
Here’s what you will find in this ebook:
- Tips to use the social media data you already have for marketing
- Ways to discover what your customers expect from your business
- How to determine the ROI of your social media campaigns
- Additional resources and videos for social media marketers to create insightful campaigns
4. The Beginner’s Guide to SEO by Moz
SEO is no longer something that only the performance keepers in a business need to know. It has now become the need of the hour.
Be it content marketers, social media marketers or even copywriters, everyone needs to have at least some knowledge about how they can contribute.
In this ebook, the analytics experts at Moz have put together a guide for beginners that covers the history of SEO as well as the recent changes.
Here’s what you can expect from the ebook:
- Overview of how SEO works with marketing
- Understanding the importance of keywords, title tags, URL structures and other key factors
- How to conduct a basic keyword research
- How to measure your success
- What are the common myths of SEO and the truth behind them
5. The Conversion Marketer’s Guide to Landing Page Copywriting by Unbounce
The success of a marketing campaign banks heavily on the messaging. A strong copy can bring you greater results – especially from landing pages.
In this ebook by Unbounce, Joanna Wiebe of Copy Hackers, shares her experience with copywriting and what works in the marketing industry.
Here’s what you will find in the ebook:
- Tips from expert conversion copywriters
- Copywriting tips for landing pages
- The critical elements of a converting landing page
- What a great call-to-action is and how it works
- Why copywriters must use social proof
6. Attention – Driven Design: 23 Visual Principles For Designing More Persuasive Landing Pages by Unbounce
You know your marketing campaign needs a landing page but how do you move forward?
A great ebook by landing page expert, Oli Gardner of Unbounce, this ebook covers every aspect of a converting landing page.
With 60 pages of explanation of the crucial elements that create an attention driven design, here’s what you can expect from the ebook:
- Overview of visual principles that must be used on a landing page
- Useful case studies and examples
- Psychology behind design theory and tips to use it
- Understanding what is attention ration and why it is important on landing pages
- Tips to achieve the perfect attention ratio
7. The Optimization Survival Guide by Optimizely
Whether you’re a conversion rate optimization (CRO) pro or are just starting off with it, this ebook from Optimizely shares the best of strategies that you can include in your marketing at any point of time. It encourages the readers to always keep testing to understand what works the best for their target audience.
Here’s what you can expect from the book:
- Insights and tips from industry experts
- Tips to improve your CRO
- Best practices for A/B testing
- Strategies to overcome the most commonly faced challenges of testing
8. Data Driven Content Marketing by Uberflip
Today, marketers are not just expected to keep a tab on how their content efforts are performing in the market.
They are also expected to make use of that data to create insightful future content strategies. In this ebook, Uberflip talks about how to create an effective content strategy backed by insightful data.
Here’s what you can expect from the ebook:
- How to use data to create content marketing strategies
- How to measure the effectiveness of content distribution
- A step-by-step guide to create future content marketing plans using the data gathered from the existing one
9. The Optimization Benchmark by Optimizely
There are no set conversion rate strategies that will work for all businesses. While a strategy might bring in conversions like magic for one, it might just perform in a lukewarm manner for the other or in worst cases, cause a setback.
To avoid making the same mistakes and losing time, Optimizely put together a report that talks about CRO efforts made by organizations in 2015.
From practices followed, the resources allocated for A/B testing and their frequency, here’s what else you can expect from the ebook:
- Overview of why optimization is critical for growth
- Successful conversion rate optimizers and their techniques
- Insights into how others are managing and streamlining the testing/experimenting process
10. The Performance Marketer’s Guide To Retargeting by Adroll
Retargeting has become a necessary part of performance marketing for all businesses. With at least a hundred businesses offering similar products, it is important to stay in the line of sight of the audience to draw in conversions.
In this ebook, Adroll breaks down what retargeting really is and how you can make it a part of your next marketing strategy.
Here’s what the ebook has in store for you:
- An overview of retargeting basics
- Tested retargeting strategies for web, social and mobile audience
- Tips to measure a paid campaign’s (ad) performance
- Case studies
- Checklists to create a retargeting campaign
- Optimization tips from experts
Over to you
These ebooks are just handpicked based on what we were looking for. There are a lot many resources available that could be a must-read for your business. Just so you don’t get drowned in them, we decided to give you a list to start with this year!
The aforementioned ebooks are easily downloadable and so consumable that you can make them your travel companion – to and fro from office.
Think we missed out on a great book? Feel free to add to this list by dropping the name in the comment section below. We’re not avid readers, but we love learning! 🙂