Conversion Rate Optimization is the talk of the digi-town for quite some time now. Each one of us goes from one post to the other to seek the best CRO tip that will work its magic on our website.
While doing our bit of research on the same, we thought why not bring together all those expert conversion rate optimization tips? It will definitely cut down the time you spend switching from one tab to another!
Here are 25 conversion rate optimization quotes by experts we dug out after stalking industry leaders for days. Trust us, you must absolutely abide by ‘all’ of them:
1. “Writing won’t help sell unless it’s a little assertive.” – Neil Patel, on HubSpot | 8 copywriting tips for improving conversions.
2. “Your landing pages aren’t Wikipedia. Stop adding unnecessary links.” – Oli Gardner, on Unbounce | 6 things I do to my landing pages when my conversion rates suck.
3. “A good first impression isn’t just about design, but also how fast that design loads.” – Tommy Walker on ConversionXL | Two overlooked aspects of your site design that may be hurting conversions.
4. “Every aspect of marketing is entirely useless unless it produces conversions.” – Jeremy Smith on Marketing Land | Want to win fights with your web designer? Use these CRO tactics.
6. “You don’t have generic problems, you have specific problems.” – Peep Laja on ConversionXL | How to come up with more winning tests using data.
7. “Two different companies in the same industry will have different clientele with different needs and different opinions. Blindly mimicking another company without understanding that principle will waste your time and your precious traffic.” – Alison Otting on Disruptive Advertising | Don’t believe case studies: Conversion rate optimization for landing pages.
8. “Your customer’s journeys are their stories, NOT funnels.” – Bryan Eisenberg on BryanEisenberg.com | Increase the persuasive momentum of your conversion funnels.
9. “When too many options are presented, visitors typically will just click on one of the first few links available, hoping it’s what they need. If not, guess what? They split.” – Stoney deGeyter on Pole Position Marketing | Does your website navigation make visitors feel like deer in headlights?
10. “The discovery of what matters is important. If you figure it out, you know WHAT to optimize, and WHERE. One huge step closer to more winning tests with bigger impact.” – Peep Laja on ConversionXL | How to come up with more winning tests using data.
11. “If your form is not optimized, and it simply exists, you will eventually hit the wall.” – Piotr Kuzniewicz on Usability Tools | How web form optimization leads to conversion.
12. “If the customer has to work for the reward, then they are more likely to appreciate and use that reward.” – Jeremy Smith on Marketing Land | Reward framing and its stunning impact on conversion optimization: What you need to know.
13. “Instead of a one-size-fits-all philosophy, create multiple landing pages for the same call to action to suit the user’s preferences.” – Rohan Ayyar on Search Engine Journal | Is your landing page missing these critical conversion factors?
14. “Poor load time is the most prevalent mobile optimization issue that I’ve seen. It’s also one of the easiest to resolve.” – Angie Schottmuller on Three Deep Marketing | Mobile landing page optimization – 10 best practices for success.
15. “Removing page elements can be just as effective at increasing conversions as adding or tweaking elements on a page.” – Mona Elesseily on Search Engine Land | Remove page elements for higher converting pages.
16. “Conversion rate optimization really isn’t about optimizing web pages – it’s about optimizing decisions – and the page itself is a means to an end but not an end itself.” – Michael Lykke Aagaard on Unbounce | 3 Landing page optimization mistakes you don’t have to make.
17. “Organic leads convert better, come cheaper, and stay longer than leads generated from advertising.” – Brandon Pindulic on Effin Amazing | The anatomy of a high converting blog.
18. “Look for the elements that could yield your biggest wins, and test them first: subject line and call to action.” – Kathryn Aragon on Crazy Egg | The A/B and Cs of Email Campaign Testing.
19. “By optimizing for customer success, you’re more than likely optimizing for growth. And if your revenue doesn’t grow along with your customer success metrics, then you’re probably doing something wrong.” – Alex Turnbull on GrooveHQ | How we measure and optimize customer success metrics in our SaaS startup.
20. “If you don’t listen closely to your most valuable or ideal users and customer, you’re going to have a hard time creating relevant, valuable content.” – Jeff Fuhriman on Adobe | First steps to adaptive content for your audience.
21. “The less barriers to entry you can throw up in the user adoption process, the higher your conversion rate can be.” – Sherice Jacob on Kissmetrics | How to get users to embrace your offer (without resorting to shady marketing techniques).
22. “Customer engagement efforts are much more effective when marketers can anticipate what visitors are searching for, where they want to go next, what problems they are trying to solve, and what promotions will be of value to them.” – Jeff Fuhriman on Adobe | Using cluster analysis to identify and convert.
23. “Spending money is experienced by the same parts of the brain as feelings of physical pain.” – Tim Ash on Marketing Land | Pulverizing prize resistance to improve conversion rates.
24. “Always look at the context driving your CRO strategy. Don’t limit your decisions to self contained ecosystems.” – Ritika Puri on Klientboost | 5 conversion optimization rules you need to break.
And lastly, never stop experimenting. You never know what might work wonders for the conversion rate on your website!
25. “You’re never set.” – Stephen da Cambra on Invesp | The rut that ruins your conversion rates.
Over to you
What is your favourite conversion rate optimization quote or tip that you swear by? Feel free to add to our list by dropping a comment in the box below!
Happy converting! 🙂